Monday, May 16, 2011

Missouri Wine Country








Hermann was beautiful, the weather was crummy, the wine was surprisingly tasty and the company was unbeatable.

We left the ranch around 4pm for what was predestined to be a weekend to remember. Three hours later, 2 Pregnant women, 2 winos and a bride to be (also a wino) rolled out of the car into this little Pleasantville wonderland. Our house was right out of a magazine;



a three bedroom restored B&B with hardwood floors, three sitting rooms and all the knickknacks you could stand to explore.

I wont bore you with all the juicy details but I will say this; when you put five great friends in a town with unlimited free wine tastings (yes free) a trolley driver named Kevin dressed in fatigues sporting a bald head, and 15 years of memories, Life does not get much better.





Oh.. and this didn’t hurt either. This, my friends, is a Germantown Burger.





A Reuben sandwich with corned beef, slaw, thousand island dressing, ooey gooey cheese AND 1/3 lb beef patty with lettuce, tomato , onion and MORE CHEESE!!! After our first night in Hermann and my insatiable need to drink everything new that I hadn’t seen before, this burger was my lifeline. And then we proceeded to drink more.

Great Views. Great Wine.

Tin Mill Brewery and their skyscraper beer? I heart you.





 
My beautiful Friends. I heart you more.



No comments:

Post a Comment