Friday, June 3, 2011

Flowers of the Hills

Since we spend most of our summer in the flint hills, I thought I'd take you on a little tour of my low maintenance garden! 

 
 Wild Strawberries!!
 Cobaea Beardtoungue. This is one of my very favorite flowers.
 Wild Alfalfa!
Missouri Evening Primrose
 There are Iris everywhere! I know Mrs. Hoag Sr. has brought a few of these plants from home and they just spread everywhere!! Nice little touch from the home place.

 I think this is a rough leaf dogwood.  But I've been known to be wrong on many occasions!


Spider Milkweed... Ugly name, pretty flower

I'm not entirely sure what these two are. I've looked everywhere and I'm still confused. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Now this one I'm still trying to figure out.  Its either Blue Sage or Wild Indigo.  Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Nice...you know you can always speak with Judy Gomez on Facebook. She's a Master Gardener who knows all about wild flowers and stuff!

    ReplyDelete