Monday, June 13, 2011

Baby Shower Food

To answer your question, no. I'm not one of those people that's good at doing themed food for parties.  There is nothing wrong with those of you who are creative enough to put that together but its definitely not this girl. 






On top of the Rosemary Goat Cheese and Steak Crostini I made for my best friend's shower I threw in a few other simple things that I thought I should highlight.  I didn't take many pictures while making them since they're not beef based but they're tasty nonetheless!

Tortilla Roll Ups!
These are so simple its almost silly.  Whip up some cream cheese and chopped black olives.  While thats working, lay some dill pickle spears out on a towel to drain some of the liquid off. ( Nobody likes a mushy roll up)  Once they're relatively dry, slice them thinly length wise.  Take a flour tortilla, toast it lightly on a flat pan over low heat, shmear the cheese mixture, a little ground pepper and lay the spear on the outer edge of the tortilla and roll tightly! Slice on an angle and devour.


Audra's Chicken Dip-
Our friend Audra who is a fantastic caterer made this chicken dip for an event of ours and we all fell in love with it.  I cringed a little when I found out what was in it but all the good things are bad for us, right?Depending on how many people you're going to serve you can cut this in half.  My recipe is for 25-30 people.  2 cups cream cheese, 2 cups sour cream, 4 chicken breasts cooked slowly in 1 can of rotel then shredded, 2 cups shredded cheese, 1 jar salsa, 1 jalapeno, S&P to taste.  Decandent, dangerous, and delicous!


Bruschetta-
Dice 2 large tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, and 6-8 leaves of basil.  Toss together in olive oil and S&P. Let meld in the fridge for about an hour.  Serve over grilled or toasted sliced baguette.

And dont forget dessert! Mini Cupcakes from Baby Cakes

Thats it! Fun times, great shower, beautiful mom to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment