Friday, October 14, 2011

Heavy Veggie Chili


Don't worry!! There's beef in here! Fwew, ok, I thought I'd get that on the table because I wouldn't want you to think I was going all soft on you with two vegetarian meals in a row.  Now that we're all friends again, I'm still working on finding ways to utilize/hide eggplant in all my meals so this was a no brainer.

Peel, chop, S, P, EVOO and roast 1 eggplant and 1 yellow squash ( also over running my garden) in a 350 oven for 40 minutes Brown 1 lb of ground beef. Add your favorite chili seasonings ( mine are cumin, chili powder and paprika)


From here its basically a clean out your fridge recipe.  I added a chopped pepper, 1 small onion, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, garlic and your roasted veggies.  So good, so good, soooo gooooood.  Saute until everything is nice and soft and happy to be as one.  Toss in your beans. I did 1/2 can drained and 1 can with all the starchy gooey stuff that's in there to help thicken the chili.  1 bottle of dark good beer, 1 can of rotel, Pepper and a pinch of salt.




 That's all folks! Let that cook for a bit uncovered, adjusting the seasonings as needed. Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and a few onions and your good to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment