Monday, July 25, 2011

Red, White and Blue Burgers

Yea, I know. I'm a few weeks late for this patriotic tribute to the good ole USA but its the effort that counts... right?  RIGHT?


I had so many powerful flavors in this burger that it almost made my head explode (thank goodness it didn't, that would've been embarrassing) so you may want to scale it back or try adding them one at a time to see what you like.  Or go all out and test the flavor capacity of your head!


Start with your 1 Lb ground beef in a bowl. Add your blue cheese crumbles, S&P and a little sprinkle of Joes stuff.


Form your patties. 2 1/2 burgers or 4 normals sized burgers!
Send those out to the grill with your husband.  You have important things to tend to in the kitchen. 

In a small bowl mix your mayo and one minced garlic clove. Set that aside to get meldy and tasty.

Slice up 1/2 yellow onion and begin to sautee it in a small pan with a little butter and a little EVOO, cook these down until they're nice and soft and a little browned.


Grab your jar of quick pickle beets and your pesto. I made a bunch of pesto but you can buy it made from your local grocer.

Time to stack it up.  Bottom bun - mayo mixture, burger topped with your beets and onions and finished with your pesto on the top bun!

I served these with sweet potato chips and grilled asparagus.

Print me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment