Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's like riding a bicycle...

Well, were on the homestretch of this first pregnancy with a little over 4 weeks left and I guess I've entered the "itchy" stage.  Instead of basking in the glow of my pregnancy and trying to relish all the lovely changes I've started thinking about all the things I  miss about my non pregnant self.  So, here are a few of the things I'm looking forward to.. hopefully they all come back to me!




The first 2 million are pretty obvious baby boy Hoagland related so I'll save you all the sappy, mommy love facts and get straight to the nitty gritty


In no particular order.. ( lest you know wine and beer would be at the top!)

Runny Eggs

Cold beers on front porches after long summery days

Sleeping next to my husband ( I don't mean I have kicked my poor Hoag out of bed but the fortress of pillows that surround me make it feel like he's in the next room!) 

Seeing my toes

Not having to roll off the couch with a sundry of old man noises

size 6 jeans with no belly band

Eating whatever I want, whenever I want and not worrying about if I have met my quota for fruits, veggies, and protein.

Not having to pee every time I get off the gator to open gates

Not having to pee every time I move

Cold Pinot Grigio

Girls nights that don't involve "virgin" anything

Oysters

Napping because I get to not because I have to

Seared Tuna fresh off the boat

My whole wardrobe

riding my horses and not worrying about.. well ... everything

Getting back to being motivated to doing recipe blogs and not just rushing through cooking because I have the energy.

Wine with cooking ( I think this is the main reason my cooking has gone down hill!)

Shaving my legs without fear of toddling over

My relatively hormonally balanced self.. ( did I make this up? have I always been this crazy??)

This list really could go on and on but the copious amounts of laundry  await me and I must get back to wiping down the inside of the dishwasher. - nesting anyone?-



But, most importantly, I wanted to thank those of you who have stuck with me through this off and on blog while I navigated my way through this pregnancy.  I'm hoping now that I'm back on the ranch full time I will find at least one nap time a week to get back up to speed! 








2 comments:

  1. I miss Proseco on the porch after riding horses or doing chores with you...I can't wait to open that bottle you gave me nearly 9 months ago...proud of you...MAMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to enjoy those things because the newest member of the Hoagland clan will be here to love on! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete