Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Pear Chutney


I found these beautiful pears at my store and bought up a few too many in some sort of pear frenzy and a week later I found myself staring at my fruit bowl wondering what I should do! So, I grabbed a pork tenderloin and went to town... well not really, I stayed in my kitchen but you get the idea.  Or do you?

In a big gallon bag, I pierced the tenderloin to allow the flavors to get deep in a short amount of time and added smoked paprika, a few minced garlic cloves, ground cloves ( I know its weird but bare with me), red pepper flakes and chili powder.

In my head I knew my chutney was going to be sweet so I was trying to counter balance the sweetness with a sorta smokey sorta spicier meat base.
In my head it would all come together like a beautiful symphony.
In my head I was 10 lbs lighter 3 inches taller without all my fun gray hairs.
I love living in my head.

Add a little EVOO to get the juices flowing and let soak in the fridge for up to an hour.


From there, we grill the Tenderloin on a 400 grill for around 12 minutes, let rest, slice.




Meanwhile, it's time for chutney.  I've  made a few different chutneys based loosely off other recipes I've found but mine are much abbreviated.  With that being said,  saute some chopped onion (about 1/4 of an onion will do) a few minced garlic cloves in a little butter.


Then add a little more butter (clearly I did not mean a little) and 2 heaping Tbsps of brown sugar.

Top it off with two chopped pears, a few cranberries, a tspn of freshly grated ginger and 2 Tbsps of balsamic vinegar ( I love balsamic, have you noticed?)  lower the heat and just let this rock and roll of a little bit.  Eventually I'll add a dash of cinnamon, a dash of ground cloves ( continuity, see doesn't my madness make sense now??) and let it cook until its all melded and delish ( about 20 minutes on low)




Serve the Chutney on top of your sliced pork and add a little Basil to brighten up the flavor a tad.

No comments:

Post a Comment