Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Garden Fresh Salsa... and more!


If you've never had salsa made with all fresh from the garden ingredients, you haven't quite lived.  The fresh sweet flavor of the warm off the vine tomatoes coupled with the insanely intense flavor of  your red onions all mixed together with garlic, jalapeno, cilantro and lime? It's heaven. 

Disclaimer: This salsa gives you "dragon breath" so I would recommend not eating it at work for lunch while trying lease lofts to unsuspecting clients.  I almost killed three people today. 

This is so easy I almost feel like I'm cheating putting it up as a recipe.

3 large tomatoes chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 bundle of cilantro chopped
1 jalapeno chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 limes juiced
S&P
Don't leave fresh salsa in the kitchen while you go unload pictures... this is vanishing salsa... magic salsa.
Mix it all together and enjoy!!

Now here's the fun part!  Squash up 4 avocados and add about 1/2-3/4 cup drained salsa for guacamole!!

Apparently I have a magic kitchen which makes all thinks disappear in the blink of an eye

And then!! chop up 2 mangoes and and 3/4-1 cup drained salsa for mango salsa!


My garden is good to me even though I complain about it from time to time.

P.S. The Dragon breath translates throughout all of these dishes as well.  Passersby beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment