Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lil Hoagie


Well, he's finally here.  Actually its been 7 weeks... but for those of you who have kids, you understand how those first weeks are a total blur.  Hoagie arrived on July 11, 2012 leisurely in the afternoon.  Hoag and I have been totally enamored with this little guy every second while still trying to maintain some sort of work ethic.

I realized, a few days ago, that the whole concept of this blog is going to change.  Seeing how I've barely been involved in the ranch since he's been here ( more involved with avoiding the pee sniper, blowouts and mastering the art of doing everything with one hand) I feel like I've almost lost touch with the outside world.  I know, with time, things will kick back up again and I'll be involved.  With a little more head control, a lot of confidence from me and the understanding of our cows returning from the hills... things will be at a different pace.


I want to share with you the experiences of a ranch mom and how I'll be coping with it.  I fully intend to still educate and inform, hopefully humor and wet your taste buds a bit; but I'll be finally adding to the sad and empty tab on the blog known as Hoag's Kids.

I'm sure that you understand, whoever you are out there, that there will not be many pictures of our precious baby's face.  I can assure you he is every bit as cute as your imagination is leading you to believe he is.  But, the sad truth is there are some people out there that don't read blogs to learn, laugh or dream and they are why I have to take this route.


I can't wait to get back to photographing our daily lives, exploring from a child's eye, and teaching our little Hoagie how to be a wonderful keeper of the earth and her animals.  And even more importantly, I can't wait to share those stories with you.

In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything this year that I can teach, clarify, or defend for you.  And if you must see our little man and you are not a facebook friend, please feel free to email me!

All the best,
The proudest and happiest mama in the world.


1 comment:

  1. Look forward to hearing how you figure out how to work mother hood into farm life. We are expecting our first child this spring and to tell you the truth I am scared to death about how in the world I am going to fit everything into our already busy, crazy lives. I work off the farm during the day and work on the farm at night an weekends, so it doesn't leave much "spare" time. Baby is due 2 weeks before calving season begins so I am guessing it will be a huge crash coarse in figuring out how to juggle baby with the intense craziness that calving season always seems to bring.

    ReplyDelete